How our Water Meters work:
- The BarnTalk water meter is ultrasonic, which means no moving parts. It measures flow in gallons. The total life-time flow is shown on the meter itself and the value is sent on the wireless network to the gateway and then to the BarnTalk database in the cloud.
- The water meter reading updates every 20 minutes on the app to allow that 8-year battery. The app will show daily consumption on a weekly graph for the last 4 weeks. The graph also shows the 3-day rolling average. There is a change in usage that compares the last 24 hours to the 3-day rolling average.
Where to Install BarnTalk Water Meters:
- Install the water meter either before or after the medicator.
- BarnTalk water meters work best when positioned in straight sections of pipe of at least 12 inches.
- Make sure the water meter is aligned in the correct direction with the flow of water.
- Note: The BarnTalk GateWay can monitor water pressure by connecting a dry contact sensor to your current pressure switch.
If you have any issues or feedback, reach out to our support team via email at email@example.com or call 515-272-5122 during the hours of 8am-5pm CST Monday-Friday.